Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can you get a blackberry or Smartphone without a plan?

my dad loves all the features that smartphones and blackberries have but he doesn't want to use it as a cell phone (he doesn't wanna text/call) but he wants to be able top keep birthdays, meetings, general info like that and he also wants to check his email on-the-go. So i was wondering if its possible to get a smartphone but without using it as a phone, just simply buying the phone - no contract.

ya i know you get deals on it with the 3 year contract thing but i just want to know if you can buy the whole unit itself

Downloads
    Uploads
    not if hes wanting to check emails

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. there are several stores that you could get them from but you'll have to pay the real price for it. Suppose at&t is giving the blackbery for $100 and if you want it without the plan just the phone you'll have to pay $ $400. Because they were just giving the phone at a lower price so you would get their plan.

It is possible to get these in a malls outside stores or ask any stores they might sell it like that too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. there are several stores that you could get them from but you'll have to pay the real price for it. Suppose at&t is giving the blackbery for $100 and if you want it without the plan just the phone you'll have to pay $ $400. Because they were just giving the phone at a lower price so you would get their plan.

It is possible to get these in a malls outside stores or ask any stores they might sell it like that too.