Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Evan W

Can I install programs to my PDA from my memory card?Palm treo 600?

Hey, I got a palm treo 600, and It didn't come with a hotsync cable. Is there a way to install applications from the memory card?
    I have a palm V; could I sync the apps to it and beam them to my treo?

Could I use a treo 700 cable?

damond h
    You can do it via bluetooth, if you have that set up on the computer. other than that, you are going to have to get the cord, which you can get for a few bucks on ebay

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to my knowledge. But you REALLY need a synch cable even if you could do it that way. Synchronizing is too important to the stability and health of the palm OS to ignore.

Go to http://store.everythingtreo.com/smartphone-experts-retractable-sync-and-charge-cable/5A19A1.htm

You can buy a synch cable there for as little as $12.95 USD.

fsclaol
    The Palm V and the Treo 600 use different versions of the Palm OS so installing a program written for the Palm V can cause the Treo to crash / reset / do funny things until you remove the software from the memory.

To try use FileZ one of the best utility freeware available for the Palm:

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/filez.shtml

With this installed on both V and 600 you can move files to the SD card and from the SD card into V and / or 600 internal memory, or IR beam, or BT beam if available on the V.

Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to my knowledge. But you REALLY need a synch cable even if you could do it that way. Synchronizing is too important to the stability and health of the palm OS to ignore.

Go to http://store.everythingtreo.com/smartphone-experts-retractable-sync-and-charge-cable/5A19A1.htm

You can buy a synch cable there for as little as $12.95 USD.