Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    ARIZcats15

Best simple PDA for writing text before transferring to laptop(HP Ipac 4240 or HX 2190 )Or any others?please!?

I'm looking for the most basic PDA for writing text then putting it on my laptop.The 4240 seems to fit the bill and is cheapest.Does anyone know how easy writing text is on this machine please?I'll be writing a couple of hundred words then putting it on my laptop.I was worried about compatability with Windows ME but figure I could get the text across by email.Also does it come with MS Word?I only need basics and am on budget if the HX 2190 is a lot better I'll look at that .Or even an older one off ebay if recommended.Thanks.Thanks,was thinking of writing on screen with stylus?

Arlene B

Best simple PDA for writing text before transferring to laptop(HP Ipac 4240 or HX 2190 )Or any others?please!?

If you know how to type, you'll be frustrated with trying to use any PDA, except those with a fold-up keyboard as an accessory, for typing, even a few hundred words. Think about texting on a phone: the text slang and abbreviations are more an adaptation to the limits of typing on tiny devices than they are a cool in-thing code.Any PDA will allow you to enter text in plain ASCII, which is compatible with any word processing program. Just change the font and size after you import it to your laptop.You might want to think about a cheap voice recorder if it's saving information you are primarily interested in rather than composing paragraphs. It's a lot less frustrating to take oral notes than to try to type more than a few words on a PDA.