Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

parents and non parents.

Because parents have kids, I imagine they know the flaws and idiosyncrasies of children, so I imagine that yes, they can understand, or come to understand, why some dont want to have children and why some people just don't like them.

And, at the same time, I think people who don't like kids and don't want them can understand parenting - it is one of the reasons they will choose that they don't want to have kids. and because kids have characteristics about them , its also why some of us just dont like kids. Its not the kids fault - they're kids. They didnt choose to be kids. And honestly, I bet lots of them can't wait to become adults.

So my belief is that parents and non parents can understand each other. Or if they don't, they can learn. The comment made by someone here that non parents absolutely cannot never ever ever understand parenting EVER, and parents can't understand non parents EVER, well I just believe it is not true.

and why is it that parenting is touted by some parents as this really mysterious thing that no one can ever ever understand, but them? THAT statement is what I don't understand.

Downloads
    Uploads

parents and non parents.

Kids are the most expensive pets ever. And I mean, they're cool pets, you can teach them a lot of neat tricks. But still, some folks don't like having pets, they'd rather like 3 ferraris instead of raising a little jerk to 18.

Downloads
    Uploads

parents and non parents.

A little jerk would save you the trouble

Downloads
    Uploads

parents and non parents.

Save me the trouble of what? Sorry, not following you, I think I need more coffee :[

Downloads
    Uploads

parents and non parents.

also - some people who have kids are rather - i dont know. Stuck up. They seems smug. Cocky. Because they had a kid. and suddenly its like they are special. Like a different kind of human. Some of those comments were made here. For example they are the only ones who knows what worry is, they have the monopoly on it and they are the only ones who know tired, and putting down their friends' activities as silly because they'd like to go to the movies with you. I got told here talking to me about kids is like asking the anorexic what is a proper diet. I got told that I should be disowned, just like what my brother did to me. But why act that way? what parents did is what a cockroach did. which is to reproduce. But some people who are parents give me a fast burn.

I never really cared much of anything about kids and people with kids until what my brother did to me. I was so naive. Then after that happened, I started going online and doing research about parents and the childfree - well really about the childfree and people who don't like kids and how society sees them.

I would never dream of saying to parents anything like talking to you is like the anorexic, or you dont know freedom, or you don't understand my life. (Because all parents were without children once, right?)

I just seems like people without kids are second class citizens in society. To me anyway. For one example, the "big secret mysterious club" thing that we can never understand. I'll return to it. Um....what? and when you have kids you get to join it. I noticed with my friend that has a son, that some people on her facebook never even really talked to her until she had her son. Then they started coming out the woodwork. I mentioned it to her and she brushed me off. But i noticed it.

Junior Member kermit_frog_rocks's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

parents and non parents.

Sorry. I meant a little jerk would save you the trouble of raising a little jerk. I can't really put it another way without making the map gods angry at me

Downloads
    Uploads

parents and non parents.

yep - a jerk of the hand instead of normal regular goes a long way to avoiding raising a little jerk.

Downloads
    Uploads

parents and non parents.

To be fair would save you raising one too.

Downloads
    Uploads

parents and non parents.

Here's the thing. If you're not a parent, you can't fully understand parenting. Parenting is a practical thing that can only be understood through the practice of it. In that way, it's like Martial Arts. Non practitioners can watch Bruce Lee movies or UFC and appreciate it on several levels, but until you've spent time doing it, you cant hope to fully understand it.

Parents can understand non-parents - they were non-parents at one point, but their memories of that time will likely be tainted by time and by the need to convince themselves that they are happier now than they were then (whether they are, or not) - no parent wants to think that their child, who they love, has had a negative effect on their happiness.

Downloads
    Uploads

parents and non parents.

Here's the thing to use your comment hehe

I agree with hannibal, that Doing it is different. Going through it is different. I agree with that. But I don't think that actually going through it leads to a better understanding of the subject (whatever it is) A person can survived the Holocaust. It does not mean that they understand it more than the person who made an excellent study of WWII , Hitler, what created him, and why he did wehat he did and started WWII but never experienced any of it themselves.

Going back to the MA's reference. There are people here who don't like kata. Maybe never done kata. I have done kata. Doesnt mean I have a better understanding of it than they do. They understand it. And they know its not what they like. In fact, they might know even more about it than myself.

Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast