Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YInuTc3C3jM

Nancy the Cheerleader wants you to cancel your Newsweek subscriptions. I hope you're all listening to her.

Downloads
    Uploads

"Mortifying" stuff from the "Liberal Media" (Elite)

Men actually marry women like that?

Downloads
    Uploads

For god's sake can someone shut these hens up? They are giving me a headache. They are on national TV spouting this drivel. NATIONAL TV for god's sake. And we wonder why Americans are so ignorant in general.

Downloads
    Uploads

That was possibly one of the most painful things I've ever had the displeasure of viewing.

Is it me or is this campaign becoming more and more like an episode of the Simpsons every day?

Junior Member pretty_prep_cutie's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Agreed, but unfortunately this is what passes for "information" in the American media. By comparison, I watch BBC both in the morning and in the evening as well as the McNeil-Lehrer News Hour and it is amazing the difference in content when bumped up against the other news sources. I have personally witnessed "news" shows on the American national networks that dedicated entire segments to the hijinx that goes on in the Entertainment industry, while completely ignoring international events.

I find it reprehensible that over 150 million voting Americans are content to hide behind their oceans and pretend that the rest of the world is unimportant compare to the latest publicity grab by J-Lo or Britany Spears.
    Has anyone other than me noticed that for the last 30 years Healthcare, Social Security and Education have been put-off because of lack of financial options only to find that the Banking sector can be bailed-out to the tune of 700 Billion USD in less than 10 days? The reason such things can happen is that we Americans are the original "Mushroom People": kept in the dark and fed horseshit by our information services. FWIW.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

Downloads
    Uploads

No. The Simpsons is funny sometimes.

I have found your interpretations of American Culture to be cynical and unfortunately correct. This is no exception.

Downloads
    Uploads

it takes a lot for me to get to the point where i would break my morals, one of which is to not hit women, but damn i could make an exception if it meant never watching that again.

Downloads
    Uploads

Lol, I understand your pain Yohan. I'm an outsider looking in, at least I don't have to suffer actually having to vote.

Scenes like this do ring a familair bell though

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PYCMxD4pylM&feature=related

Downloads
    Uploads

And I would absolutely LOVE to be wrong on this account. In the case of this thread it would outstanding to have news programs actually inform the public about meaningful activities and events in their world and what it means to them as individuals.

It would be incredible if a public servant running for office would actually say what he was going to do....and actually accomplish that thing.

But most of all I would love to see people held accountable for their behaviors, individuals who commit transgressions named by name and individuals addressed fairly for the amount of good OR bad they contribute to society.

Unfortunately I live in the United States where such things are just a lot of big talk.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

Downloads
    Uploads

barack obama seems to be decent though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast