I am a self-employed audio/video producer. I have a JVC EX255 which records video in AVCHD format. So far I mainly shot video about corporates and weddings. To make a live and effective story telling, I need to import and edit JVC EX255 MTS files in FCP X. Any suggestion?

Shortly before, a friend recommended me Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac. It is an intuitive app which can help me transcode JVC EX255 AVCHD to Apple ProRes 422, ProRes 422 HQ or 4444 to ensure maximum editing quality and efficiency when working with Final Cut Pro X. I like the possibility of the multi thread encoding. For instance, I find I can convert MTS, MXF to MOV simultaneity.

I am still studding the iMedia Converter for Mac beyond converting MTS to .movs. This program is a stable, fast and safe multiple formats supported conversion tool. I can output more than 50 types of video and audio formats from source video. The finish video can preserve quality as original.

Below is my experiences on converting JVC EX255 AVCHD to ProRes MOV for FCP X.

aunsoft.com/imedia-converter-mac/

Step 1. Add MTS footage

Once you run the program, click “Add Video” button or “Add from folder” button to load your source MTS files.

Step 2. Choose output formats

iMedia Converter for Mac offers optimized format presets for Final Cut Pro, “Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)”, “Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 HQ (*.mov)”, etc.

Step 3. Conversion

Click “Convert” button and the selected MTS files will be converted to Apple ProRes encode mov files. You may check the converting progress and set auto shutdown in the conversion window. After conversion, click “Open” folder to find converted footage for importing to Final Cut Pro X.

aunsoft.com/imedia-converter-mac/