you answer this one question and then answer the next four and ill give you best answer for all of them if this one is right...

In an effort to reduce the damaging effects of man-made trails, environmentalists have proposed some solutions. I have listed a few below:
• Old trails have been filled in with loose dirt and plants from the surrounding area. This is done in hopes of preventing an erosional path from being present and also helps to replenish lost vegetation.

• Small logs, branches, plants, or rocks have been placed along a trail in order to stop or slow the velocity of running water. When the velocity of the running water is slowed, sediment is deposited. As we learned, this sediment not only carries rocks and pebbles, but also carries nutrients and seeds from plants allowing vegetation to begin to replenish itself.

• New trails have been designed in different patterns and at different grades. Many man-made trails are not windy and contain very little variation in the directions in which they lead. New trails are now being formed that are in the shape of an “S” especially those that lead up hills or down hills. The longer the path is and the more surface area it covers, the more time the eroding water has to lose velocity. As we also learned, stream water loses velocity around curves. When the velocity slows, sediment is deposited. This in turn reduces erosion.

These three solutions have provided to be successful on a short-term basis, but we must wait a while for the long-term benefits to be determined.

For this assignment, there are 3 parts:

• Part 1: Review the 3 proposed ideas above and tell me whether you think they will be beneficial long-term AND why? This needs to be a minimum of 5 sentences.

• Part 2: From the text you read, tell me three ways in which erosion affects the environment. You may also want to look at unit 3 for this answer.

• Part 3: Propose 2 additional solutions to protecting our environment from erosional trails based on what you know about erosion. Don’t just tell me that people can’t walk on the soil in these areas! Please be creative. You must defend your answer and tell me why you think this would work BOTH short-term and long-term.

Please label each of the three parts. If you would like to depict your ideas in a drawing as well as in writing you may do that also.