Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Global warming temperature data analysis questions?

I have a bunch of questions about the analysis of temperature data.

Is it fair to compare a max from one day with a max of another day, i.e. shouldn't the comparisons be for comparable times, say 6pm everyday?

Has anybody tried to get computerized registers for ALL temperature monitoring stations that will record the temperature at the exact time across the world?

Is it possible that someone who knows what they are doing with the temperature record could write a program that would create any kind of trend they want to see, e.g. designing a program that will start with temperatures registered at midnight in the early years(1800's) and gradually rotate that time till it is mid day in the 2000's?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Carbon dioxide is released to the atmosphere by a variety of natural sources, and over 95% of total CO2 emissions would occur even if humans were not present on Earth. For example, the natural decay of organic material in forests and grasslands, such as dead trees, results in the release of about 220 gigatonnes of carbon dioxide every year. This carbon dioxide alone is over 8 times the amount emitted by humans. Although natural sources represent most CO2 emissions, they do not contribute to the recent observed increase in concentrations because natural sources are balanced by natural sinks that remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.

No i haven't tried to get the temp for locations. but its a cool idea i'd like to check that out.