Recently I purchased a Panasonic 3D camera. I found out that it only produced AVCHD 3D files, which do not work well with iMovie. So I need to AVCHD 3D to AIC MOV converter or MP4 for iMovie compatibility. Also, I like converting and combining multiple AVCHD into one file. I prefer to an efficient AVCHD codec without multiple steps.

I download several trail versions of converters that recommended in Panasonic forum. Among them, Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac is the fastest one, about 5 times faster than others. With specifically instructed and easy-to handle workflow, I can transcode AVCHD 3D to iMovie MOV with 4 steps. And with one click on "merge" icon, I easily convert and combine multiple MTS into one MOV. I appreciate the output video quality, which is almost as high as original ones. The latest version adds 3D profile to convert 2D/3D to 3D videos. Not faking 3D I have converted with other conversion tool, so I decide to purchase a registered copy of the iMedia.

Want to edit 1080P 60P/1080i 60i AVCHD 3D in iMovie? You must have a fast GPU in order to effectively edit 1080P/1080i AVCHD footage or it will be annoying. The Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac supports converting 1080p, 720p MTS to iMovie, as well as Final Cut Pro, Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere, FCE, etc. You can customize optimal output videos. For instance, it is possible to set frame rate as 23.976, 24, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, or 60.

Pansonic DMC-3D1 AVCHD Camera Review:

The Panasonic Lumix DMC-3D1 is one of the most versatile compact digital cameras on the market. Is it two video cameras in one with dual independent lenses? The DMC-3D1 is a 3D video camera, a 3D still camera and an HD video camera that captures high-resolution still images simultaneously.

Below are 4 simple steps to convert AVCHD 3D to iMovie MOV.

aunsoft.com/imedia-converter-mac/

Step1: Import or drag & drop AVCHD footage

Click "add video" or "add folder". You can also drag & drop directly. Here I suggest preview task to check the video and audio condition.

Check "Merge into one file", you can join separate AVCHD 3D clips into one big file.

Step2. Click the format bar and choose "iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov)" as output format.

Step3. Click the Settings to set audio and video profile for output AIC MOV

Click the "Settings" button to adjust output profile settings. Here your can adjust bitrates, encode, frame rate, resolution, aspect ratio, sample rate, channels, etc.

Step4. Convert and combine AVCHD 3D to MOV

Click "Conversion" icon, the iMedia Converter for Mac will run at ultrafast speed. With just a click on "Open output folder", you can locate the export MOV easily.

aunsoft.com/imedia-converter-mac/