Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

Agreed.

Do people really think this would have played out the same if he'd shot a white kid?

The whole thing seems to be tainted with the unspoken thought of "well, black people are suspicious looking".

Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

All that may be true, but it doesn't change the record of his call to the emergency services. That does not paint him in a good light at all.

Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

Why do you imply that this was "willy nilly"? The jury didn't seem to have evidence to prove such beyond doubt. Are you aware of something they aren't?

If the shooting is done in self-defense against an imminent threat of death and/or gross bodily harm, then such shooting can be justified. Whether the person in such a situation is a "good guy" is another matter.

Would the legal issues involved have been any different had it been a similar situation involving, say, two Asian-American women instead of a Hispanic man and a Black man?

Junior Member thegospodinofffamily's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

MUST SEE!

www.upworthy.com/know-anyone-that-thinks-racial-profiling-is-exaggerated-watch-this-and-tell-me-when-your-jaw-drops-2?c=bl3

What were you saying about racism again?

Good thing they didn't do this experiment in Florida, the guy might've gotten shot!

http://now.msn.com/hidden-camera-captures-racial-profiling-in-viral-video-involving-bike-theft

Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

I would love to know how chasing someone who is minding their own business and shooting them makes someone a good guy.

Anyone?

Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

I am still amazed at how following someone around, harassing them then engaging them in a confrontation counts as "self-defense", unless "attacking someone and suddenly starting ti lose" is a new definition in US law I have previously not heard of.

Simple fact is that he was followed and targetted for being a young black kid in a hoodie. Using this as justification for CCW shows....well ToS prevents me from stating my actual beliefs, but it is yet another weak attempt at hijacking a tragedy for political agenda.

If this is "being a good guy" then sign me up for the opposition

Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

You beat me to it!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

Guilty or not, none of this would've happened if Zimmerman had done as he was told by the police. He isn't a hero or a good guy, he's a murderer who shouldn't have been armed in the first place.

It was not self-defense. I know it's hard for some people to understand but think of it this way. If you are told not to do something but you do and there is a danger of bodily harm, you are putting yourself into a situation that you shouldn't. Self-defense would be not putting yourself into the situation in the first place. Nobody(who wasn't a professional zoo keeper) would think it logical to get inside a lion cage at the zoo and then shoot the lion if he came for you. No, you wouldn't get in the cage in the first place because it's stupid. He wasn't a zoo keeper, he was a wannabe that turned into a vigilante.

Sure, if your baby fell into the area where they keep the animals, you might consider jumping in after them, but a wise parent wouldn't let them fall in in the first place.

Junior Member Illikeltolanswerlyou's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

But there was a black kid in his neighborhood!

Who knows what would've happened if Zimmerman hadn't killed him? Maybe he'd date his daughter - the horror!

Downloads
    Uploads

Zimmerman Martin Case

Hah...I think we've got an little insight into why people are so into carrying guns. We can't be losing no fights.

Zimmerman sounds like he should stay 500 yds away from people let alone guns.
    The pro-gun cawing over this makes me want to vomit.

Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast