Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374
    Downloads
    Uploads

Abortion is Wrong

I'm getting ready to enlist myself so I'm not really impartial

BAE though has been profitable for a while and is a big employer down here. Last I heard unemployment is fairly high In Portsmouth anyway, but a few thousand people get work from the navy contracts with the dockyard. Course that's irrelevant once robots take over industry jobs and the capitalist system collapses before the resulting war for organic survival.

Lockheed I think is still making money too but I'm farly sure they lost some big contract recently. Planes or something. I dunno.

Downloads
    Uploads

Abortion is Wrong

Cheers for explaining in simple terms for me

That sucks, but can't it also be changed quite easily? If it wasn't assumed that there was compulsory support from an ex partner then it makes sense to revise adding child support to state benefits if needed to take up the slack.

Downloads
    Uploads

Abortion is Wrong

I thought bitching about their employers was a favourite pastime of military folk?

I'd have to do some googling, but apart from selling arms and aircraft to dictators and dodgy regimes, I think there's a lot of behind-the-scenes public subsidy of our military industries.

For example, the proliferation of private "security" firms (they don't like being called mercaneries): http://bobshepherdauthor.com/2012/10/01/private-security-a-bad-deal-for-british-tax-payers/

Downloads
    Uploads

Abortion is Wrong

Well, yes. In utopia that would be fine. But we don't have the money to make sure everyone in the country is fed and sheltered, so I don't know where the deficit could be compensated for if child support payments were suddenly made voluntary.

Downloads
    Uploads

Abortion is Wrong

You mean like the $115.2 billion in no-bid contracts that US federal agencies awarded in 2012 alone? That kinda stuff really burns me up. I don't see how it is allowed at all! This is just one example of the stupidity: http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2013/04/dod-awards-no-bid-contract-to-co-that-overbilled-it-757-mil/

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374