Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

views on drug users

It would depend on the drug. I see pot as a far worse drug then X 'cos you can use it everyday and many do. A Saturday night escape is one thing but to live the life of a drug user, outside of normal society isn't ssomething I'd want for my son. However much 'fun' he was having.

Downloads
    Uploads

views on drug users

And to have my dad getting on the piss every nights not something i'd want my son to experience, no matter how much he "needs" to relax

But I totally agree, in a perfect world. and i'd hate that the biggest buzz in my daughters life was to get stoned every day, but theres alot of people out there on something or another so chances are drugs are gonna cross your kids path. Just hope like hell they dont follow it, cos it doesnt work out that way all the time, thus we have drugs, and people who take them.

Downloads
    Uploads

views on drug users

I'm hoping it skips a generation

Downloads
    Uploads

views on drug users

Koyos right - I live about a mile and a half from where he worked and I lived in some of the horror stories.

Downloads
    Uploads

views on drug users

I think that's the problem with drugs, everyone ignores the screw-ups and dropouts and thinks it can never happen to them. It does. Some play about the edge and think 'What's the problem?' All drugs, tobacco and booze included have big downsides, big enough to take a grown man down, Lifes a gamble but you can help control the odds. Listen to a hypocrite.

Downloads
    Uploads

views on drug users

CORRECT It's alot harder to get help with the "secret" (socially unacceptable) sins than others.

It's something that has to be sorted out onya own....

Downloads
    Uploads

views on drug users

We can't talk here. THIS IS BAT COUNTRY!!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

views on drug users

Fear and Loathing quote wins thread

Downloads
    Uploads

views on drug users

What a cop out. Total lame cop out. What total load of BS.
    You don't have to experience murder to know it's bad. You don't have to torture people to know it's bad.

Really... actually come to the table with something more than this tripe. Try working in an ER or and ambulance or as a medic and then tell them because they haven't done drugs they know nothing about them.

This is 12 year old logic at best.

Downloads
    Uploads

views on drug users

Its tit for tat though, most paramedics or whatever will see the bad side, the OD's and freakouts brought in, but really its just one side of the coin, and like everything in life its not black and white.

On the flip side, theres thousands of people who use and enjoy drugs problem free.

On the casualty side- every Friday and Saturday night about 80pc of ER is full of drunks/alchohol related injuries, yet I know plenty of nurses and doctors still enjoy a tipple themselves(even getting full blown hammered!)

There are wasters in all walks of life, and at the end of the day, its down to the fact that person is a waster. It doesen't matter if they are

"man its not me i have a drink problem"
    "man its not me i have a *drug here* problem"
    "I cant come into work today im "sick" "

etc.

You never hear the good news. Just the bad. Theres plenty of Doctors, University Professors, Martial artists, people, who have or do use with no problem.

Martial Dad is onto something though, it never crosses peoples minds that it may happen to them, they may be the waster. When all is said and done though, it happens whether legal or nay. Why do they exist? Why do they have these physiological effects on us? Who knows, but its part of the world we live in, and human culture, since many many years BC. And it always will be.

By arguing over how addicts "should be punished" or what we can do to "cut the serpets head off", these problems will not go away with the current approach govermend and law enforcment is taking.

The war on drugs began many many years ago, but how can you wage war on plants? Its not something we can fight, and arguing over the morality of it is absolutley futile and helps no one. If you're kid took the wrong turn, would you see them , on top of damage caused by a drug problem, stigmatised and punished? Or helped, set back on track. We all only live once, and need to remember this, we can't cast people aside because they are "druggies".

God, I rant!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast