Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

"decency" of dress

i think binge drinking plays a part in this debate. MOST girls (not all) are only going to dress scantily on a night out, the problem is when shes pissed.

I mean how many rapes take place through the day on a sunny beach, when women practically have nothing on? not many i wouldnt think.

Downloads
    Uploads

"decency" of dress

To protect children from what? Knowledge of their anatomy?

Downloads
    Uploads

"decency" of dress

it makes me sad when people moan about naked girls on adult magazines in shops being damaging to young children, and that they shouldnt be able to see them.

I think whats more damaging, to young girls, is the crappy 'girly' and celeb magazines that fill their little heads with rubbish and cosmetics, these girls are ending up with no personality and minds of their own.

Downloads
    Uploads

"decency" of dress

I've said it before, but what really gets me is the censorship on movies which show you how to create life which are automaticaly rated as being 15 or 18 and aren't allowed to show (God forbid!) The errect penis, but it's perfectly acceptable to show fairly effective ways of ending life to kids of any age!

Hell, using a needle to inject heroin comes in at a 15 and I think we can agree that the act of doing heroin is a wee bit worse than the act of having sex.

Downloads
    Uploads

"decency" of dress

Yep. And all this sex censorship clearly aint working anyway, as we have the largest teen mum population in the EU.

Downloads
    Uploads

"decency" of dress

Amen!
    A person's dress should not result in how they are treated, honestly if you got it flaunt it

*Admiring my girl walking out the door, cause DAMN!*

Downloads
    Uploads

"decency" of dress

Maybe it shouldn't but do you believe it does?

Slindster - I noticed you voted for "nudity would be fine", does that mean that if your girlfriend said "I'm off out for a night on the town" and strode out of the door in the buff, you'd be fine with that?

Downloads
    Uploads

"decency" of dress

In some cases

Downloads
    Uploads

"decency" of dress

My choice isn't in the poll but I subscribe to the 'cleavage or legs' rule. Both together looks tacky and, to a certain extent, I spose I do judge women that wear very little to go out drinking, I tend to think they're too insecure to rely on their personalities to find a partner and so have to put everything they have on show to pull a bloke instead.

Having said that, nothing a woman wears is an excuse/reason for rape. Getting so out of her head that she can't stand is putting herself at a stupid risk, imo, but what she wears while she does it is neither here nor there.

Downloads
    Uploads

"decency" of dress

I'm curious how the following factors in:

Often I've heard it said... heck I've said it myself... that rape is primarily a crime of aggression (eg. degradation/humilation/brutality)... sexual violence is how I've heard if referred to. Everyone from the UN (which includes laws punishable by the Hague - rape, sexual slavery, enforced prostitution, enforced pregnancy, enforced sterilization, and other forms of sexual violence) to County, State and Federal councils have something to say to that effect... many self defense courses have something similar to say as well...

So.. if that's true (and you can voice your thoughts for or against that concept as well) then what is it about dressing scantily that encourages the need for a crime of aggression? Is the visual factor the sole factor in what brings someone to rape. I don't see how it could be... as there are many many recorded cases of rapes of elderly women and of course we've all unfortunately seen the rape of kids.

So what are your thoughts on how this factors into a rape?
    Does the above definition fit the bill?
    How does what a woman wears bring these sorts out of the woodwork?

I'm sure if I keep reading I can find enough info here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape

but I though it'd be valid for this thread as well.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast