Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Palestenian-Israeli Conflict

I am not really sure that Israel benefitted from 9/11. Do you think the US would have had a different reaction to anything Israel or Palestine did if 9/11 had not happened?

Was Iraq or Iran any more of a threat to Israel in 2000 than it is today? I don't think so. Neither country was at war or likely to be at war with them. Would we have forced a showdown about building a wall? I don't think so. Right now a lot of people want a wall built between around the US borders.

Downloads
    Uploads

How exactly did they benefit the most from the war?

Downloads
    Uploads

Prior to the war they were in a no win situation, the entire Middle East was opposed to even their existence, who see Israel as a European invasion. Although Europe and the US had been traditionally pro Israel since it's creation after the second world war, in the decade leading up to 911 they were rapidly becoming unpopular as people became increasingly aware of their brutal policing of the Palestinians.

Following 911 their status as the darlings of the "free world" was firmly reestablished and with the might of America backing them they became safe from attack from their many hostile neighbours. I think if Isreal didn't receive military support from the West, it would have probably never lasted so long. As it is now, they have no concerns about being attacked by other Middle Eastern states.

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't think Israel has ever been the darling of Europe before or after 9/11. Israel is actually more at risk now than ever. With a nuclear Iran, Israel has been put in the corner. Israel has not benefitted at all from 9/11.

Downloads
    Uploads

If Israel had not been receiving aid they would have been gone long ago. However, many of their enemies were also receiving aid.

As firecoins says though, I doubt Europe was ever really that much behind Israel. Do you think France or Germany is giving them major support?

Downloads
    Uploads

Israel is in more danger now than ever. Hamas runs the Palestinan gov't, won't negotiate peace & Iran finances terrorists will soon have a nuke. Your premise is flawed.

Israel didn't do it. Now you know.

Israel doesn't fight the war on terror?Thats news to them. Get me red phone Im calling the Kremlin!

Israel has been on the receiving end of more suicide bombing than anywhere else in the world. It is the only country legitiamtely fighting Islamic extremism on a daily basis.

You know I am Jewish. You statement is idiotic. If I was PC I would say take it back but it proves my point about conspiracy thinkers making outlandish claims with no evidence.

So Robert Murdoch is Jewish? Who runs AOL Time Warner? The Jews hold a large share in AOL Time Warner? Is Clear Channel cleared for the Jews? Really? Ted Turner was such a mench when he ran CNN before Time Warner took over.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hmm...before 9/11, who agreed with Israel that its war against "Islamic extremism" was legitimate? People saw the Palestinian side a bit more, and many were against Israel's tactics. Now, with 9/11 occurring, people of the world say, "Oh, so that's what Israel has been fighting all along. It's a real problem in the world. They have a point."
    Of course, I wouldn't go as far as to call Israel the only country legitimately fighting islamic extremism. The legitimacy is debatable. I also wouldn't say "Islamic extremism" is the cause for the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.
    You honestly think Hamas and Iran are a real problem for Israel? Sitting on its stockpile of nukes(yes, I know it's not official, but everyone knows Israel has nukes), well trained army, with lots of conventional arms as well, do you seriously think Hamas can or will do anything significant? Iran with nukes would be a problem to Israel, because it is so small; isn't that why Israel said it would attack Iran or something to stop it from getting nukes?

Come on, the Jews own the media thing was not a serious comment. Sorry if I offended you with that at least. I don't know what "If I was PC" means, but I'll take it back.

Downloads
    Uploads

They were more often the darling of the US than they were of Europe.
    As for them becoming 'unpopular'... don't really think that's the case. If you look at the amount of aid going to them from foreign western governments (primarily the US) you'll see they hadn't lost any popularity at all. Not one single cent.

Even if they did become 'unpopular' it hardly means they are going to fold up and dissappear off the scene.

Is that really the case though? Doubtful.
    Israel was still subject to common and random suicide bombings after 9/11. I doubt that anyone really made the connection between the bombings in NYC on 9/11 and what goes on in Israel. I don't think there was some massive surge of solidarity. Most people... outside of the Jewish community don't really give a rats ass what happens in Israel. Out of sight... out of mind.

You're trying to make out the only thing holding Israel together is American military support. Hardly the case. Take a look at any of Israels recent wars and you'll see that they outclassed most of the armies in the area that they went up against. While they used much American hardware - the coofftopicnd, strategies and troops were all Israeli.

I suggest you watch more news - they do have massive concern about being attacked by other states... if not states by the numerous groups out there that are always willing to launch bombing campaigns against them.

What you've posted makes little sense in light of the facts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Slips right, the Israeli army is pretty impressive.

Downloads
    Uploads

America did... hence $3,000,000,000 a year in aid. Explain to me how it would make any sense to covertly launch a massive attack against your main benefactor when the rest of the world already had doubts about the Israeli position. By your logic they should have flown planes into the Eiffel Tower.

Or maybe that simply is what they've been fighting all along, and it is a real problem.

Originally, Islamic extremism IS the cause of the Palestinian Israeli conflict. The Israelis are occupying territory seized in the Six Day War. The war was fought defending Israel from four of its neighbours whose stated objective was its total destruction. Obviously there is considerable doubt over Israel's policies in the occupied territories, but based on statements from the Arabic side of the Six Day War they have treated their "captives" a hell of a lot fairer than they would have been treated had they lost.

But anyway, that's beside the point. This thread is about 9/11... there's no evidence and little in the way of motive for Israel to have attacked America like this. Moving on.

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast