Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    toxic2141990

If I buy the Nokia 6300 on the official website, is it unlocked?

I recently purchased a SLVR L7 unlocked off or ebay (bad idea) and had endless problems, most serious of which was I could not hear my calls unless I set the phone to speaker. That is unacceptable, I am in the process of returning it. However, I love the design. The silver candy bar slim phone. So I looked at the Nokia 6300 (keep in mind I am with T-Mobile prepaid) which is a beautiful phone but I'm reluctant to purchase one off of ebay again and end up with the same problem. I looked on the offical website and it is offered to buy the phone only, but it doesn't say that it is unlocked. Can anyone tell me if it is? I am in the US so I need one compatable with US carriers.

Yagami
    Well it's not a quadband phone, but it is a tri-band phone. It will work with GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900. Since t-mobile uses the GSM of 1900 it should work. So don't worry about it. Good luck!