I'm subscribed to a mailing list, php.install under news.php.net. I use Mozilla Thunderbird to view the latest postings and respond to a posting. Every time I do that, I get an e-mail from the server's abuse department. The message always opens with:

"This is an automated reply to your message to Email Abuse. Your message has been delivered to our email abuse department. This department handles complaints from users that are receiving unwanted email. We try our best to investigate all reports of abuse. If we determine that the email you reported was in fact sent from an email address at one of our domains, or by way of computers operated by us, we will take the appropriate action."

So it's claiming that I reported a message to abuse, and I didn't! I was just responding to a message! These are my connection settings for the newsgroup:

Server name: news.php.net
Port: 119
Connection security: none

Additionally, here are the headers of my last posting (this posting somehow reached the abused department; sensitive information has been replaced with Xs):

Newsgroups: php.install
Path: news.php.net
Xref: news.php.net php.install:19831
Return-Path: <XXXXX@XXXXXX>
Mailing-List: contact [email protected]; run by ezmlm
Delivered-To: mailing list [email protected]
Received: (qmail 89307 invoked from network); 4 Jan 2010 21:01:38 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO lists.php.net) (127.0.0.1)
by localhost with SMTP; 4 Jan 2010 21:01:38 -0000
X-Host-Fingerprint: XXXXX XXXXXX
Received: from [XXXXX] ([XXXXX] helo=localhost.localdomain)
by XXXXXX (XXXXXXX) with ESMTP
id XXXXXX for <[email protected]>; Mon, 04 Jan 2010 16:01:38 -0500
Message-ID: <XXXXX@XXXXX>

To: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 13:01:00 -0800
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091204 Thunderbird/3.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
References: <XXXXX@XXXXXX> <XXXXX@XXXXX>
In-Reply-To: <XXXXXX@XXXXXX>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Posted-By: XXXXXXX
Subject: Re: [PHP-INSTALL] Upgrading to PHP 5.2, MySQL no longer bundled