Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

In the future, will humans have no pubic hair?

no underarm hair or excessive leg hair, or facial hair and pubic hair? I mean, we used to have hair all over our bodies, and now we just have in certain places.

Also, how come babies arent born with pubic hair

Junior Member KamikazeWatermelon's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ew that's disgusting. But maybe that will be true. That is very disturbing, though.

And also, have you ever come to think that babies are born with no hair at all?

Downloads
    Uploads
    interesting question to be honest I've never thought about it hahaha

as for babies not having any pubic hair its because pubic hair doesn't start growing until the onset of puberty when the different sex hormones for male and female development start to be released in larger amounts signaling the body to begin the start of adult body growth
    its also thought that pubic hair is an evolutionary solution to provide the pubic region with cushioning during sex so a baby or young child wouldn't have any need for it

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know about the future evolution of the human species...I feel like we have been at the stage of evolution that we are at and there are only very minor changes that scientists have noticed in the human body. (Some people, myself for example, don't get wisdom teeth etc.)

I don't think men will evolve out of facial hair because some races don't have it already- Native Americans for example do not grow facial hair. As that "evolution" has already occurred in that race, it would be my personal assumption that it would have also already occurred in other races if it was going to.

I don't think we will ever evolve away from pubic hair. The reason is that pubic hair actually serves a viable biological function even today. Pubic hair works like nose hair. It traps dirt, particles, anything that we wouldn't want getting into our sex organs, out. (Especially in females). I know that many people shave, wax etc. in the United States, Europe, and more affluent areas. However, in parts of the world where hygiene is not at the same standards, pubic hair plays a large role in fighting infections. It is my guess that we don't grow pubic hair until we reach puberty because those organs are not formed enough to really be at risk of detrimental infection, but that last part is just a guess.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish mine was shorter so I didn't have to trim it, but I'm glad I have it. If babies were born with it then they wouldn't call it pubic hair. I realize that doesn't answer your question. but I couldn't come to a page about pubic hair and not throw down some words.