Hello there. Here's a personal note, maybe crossing a border: Lisa's book has been getting some fine praise around the web, particularly from BB's Cory. And although I feel self conscious about it here's my plug for my sweetheart's work, a fun collection of Urawaza, or Japanese lifehacks that'll help you do just about anything better.
Urawaza is a term that originated in Japan to describe a secret shortcut or method in a game. Housewives adopted the term to describe any unconventional and surprising tricks to making curing, cleaning, or improving one's life without breaking the bank. There aren't geeky hacks here for gadget lovers, but there is something kindred in the spirit of putting together a wi-fi antenna with a pringles can and solving a stuffy nose by shoving scallions up your nostrils. Here's the link to the book. Lastly, I'd like to say that I was partially moved by guilt to write about this book (it's rare) because when she was writing it, I was too busy at Giz to read her draft and give her feedback. I know, she is patient with me then, and now, as I work late, so Giz owes her this much.
Enough about me. How about YOU. Just a heads up that the banhammer has been seeing some action as of late. Lots of stupid or unfunny or unhelpful comments are getting into the system, so I've been paying more attention as of late.
And, although I've been spending most of my time the last few months scaling up Giz, training people and hiring folks, and planning things, I found myself really starting to dread Monday. And I figured out it was because I was not doing enough writing. Ah the selfish, egotistical joy it brings. So, I promise myself that I'll do more of that.