Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Were the Star Wars prequals a big let down?

I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan, but I like the original 4,5,6. The newer one's seemed a little goofy, boring and unnecessary. But maybe It helped create a younger fanbase. What do you think? And do you think they will realease them all in theaters in the original sequence 1-6 in the near future?

Guitar guy
    I liked the first one (episode IV) when it came out because I was 9. But the movies are aimed at kids and since I grew up and the movies continued to be aimed at kids, I find the other episodes boring.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They certainly did help create a younger fan base. My gut reaction is to agree about the newer movies being kind of goofy, but it may be our own age-related bias. Younger people tend to have exactly the opposite reaction. To be fair to Lucas, the prequells are much more complicated, if poorly written and full of plot holes. The originals were very simple, good vs evil with no character or story nuances. I appreciate the effort with the newer ones to tell a more complicated tale.