Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Chloe J

If you give your credit or debit card information to a company on the...

...Internet, can they steal your identity? I've found this real estate company online that seems to have some really good deals, but they ask for a membership fee of . I don't really care about , but I want to know: if I give out my information, could they steal my identity or take more money out of my bank account?

John O
    Check out Asystematics if you want to know more about ID theft- Privacy and Credit card fraud- I order stuff online all the time but am very careful to establish who I am dealing with first- Don't undderstand why a real estate co needs your money just for the priviledge of buying something from them- send them an email & call them and ask why- Bogus sites can build a profile from credit card info- especially if you share address and telephone info- each peice builds on the next then the real damge starts when they do a change of address and apply for more credit cards- buy a car, house, etc. b careful

Downloads
    Uploads
    unless you can verify this online company is legit, don't trust them. you can see if your credit card company will give you a virtual card # - it is valid for only one transaction so if they would try to use it again it would throw up flags as attempted fraud and your actual card would be safe.

Ella
    Yes. Of course that's fraud. But if you don't trust the company, buy a pre-paid card and use that.