Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

Thread: Scrubs on abc?

Downloads
    Uploads

Scrubs on abc?

was it really sold to abc or is this just rumor?

if so does this mean theres going to be more seasons of scrubs!?!?!?

omg i hope so i love this show so much!

disturbed
    As far as I know, it's just talk so far. But seriously, do they have any more story to tell? I love the show too but the writing has gone south the last year or two.

PHIL
    I wasn't actually sold to ABC, there's no exchange of money between the ABC network and the NBC net as far as my understanding of the deal was.

The status of Scrubs has been up in the air for a while since the WGA strike, and many things developed between the show and the NBC network. Long story short, NBC held their upfronts Wednesday and announced that Scrubs has not been picked up for a new season by the net.

ABC has not officially come to a decision about Scrubs, but the annoucement is immenent and it's highly likely that it will be announced some time between now and the May upfronts when the rest of the nets release their fall schedules.

This means that Scrubs will be receiving a pick up for an eighth season with 18 episodes to complete the series the way it was meant to finish.

To give you an idea of how certain this is, Scrubs creator Bill Lawrence and President of ABC Primetime Entertainment Steve McPherson have worked together in the show's beginnings hand have remained good friends.Last year when NBC was up in the air about picking up Scrubs for a 7th season, Steve McPherson and ABC were stepping up to offer the show a spot on ABC. The same thing happened this year, and now that NBC has officially cancelled the show, ABC Studios (Scrubs' production company) and the ABC network have now officially began talks about making the jump from NBC to ABC.