So much for Paris Hilton not being able to carry a cover, as Us Weekly's Janice Min says. (Wonder if cover placement was written into Paris's $300K deal? Mike Sitrick? Bueller? Anyone?) People's cover this week (on newsstands Friday) features an extremely demure-looking Hilton and the coverlines: "My Time Behind Bars: After 25 days in jail, she answers questions about her reckless behavior, her emotional breakdown and why people should believe she's changed."
(Why? Should? Believe?) The website already has excerpts from what People reminds us a gajillion times were an "EXCLUSIVE" interview and photo shoot, including: "I'm a good person. I'm a compassionate person. I have a big heart. I'm sincere." Everything was done Tuesday, hours after her release, at her grandfather's mansion in Bel Air.
Of course, a year ago, People never would have deigned to put Paris on the cover of the magazine. Too trashy! She was Us Weekly's darling, after all. But now Paris has been redeemed. People, after all, is the classy celebrity magazine! How long before we get shots of her emerging from church with her parents?
Paris Hilton: People's Exclusive Interview [People]
</img>

More...