Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

Thread: The notebook??

ChRiSBrOwNsBOO

The notebook??

I saw this movie and loved it but i heard it was waaay diff. from the book. I was really curious on the difference can you like give me like a summary of the book. I would looove to read it but I dont have time with it being the end of the year and all projects so yeah

Just another gal
    Well, In the book only allie dies...hence the sequel of the book..."the wedding"
    In the movie....both of them die.
    I loved it!!
    You should definitely read it in summer.

Mary H
    The notebook is about young love. The book starts off with an old man in a nursing home reading a story to an old woman each day. The story he reads is about two young lovers named Allie Hamilton and Noah Calhoun. They met one evening at a carnival many years ago, and after that they spent the whole summer together. Allie's parents disapproved of this and separate Noah and Allie because of Noah's lack of wealth, and to move Allie away. After waiting for Noah to write to her for several years, Allie meets and becomes engaged to a handsome young soldier named Lon. Allie did not know that Noah had written 365 letters, one letter a day for a year. He stops writing after a year because he had never gotten a response. In a local newspaper years later, Noah's picture catches Allie's eye. He is standing in front of a fully restored, 200 year-old home. The article is filled with praise for his accomplishments. Allie's heart nearly bursts; the last time she saw this house it was rotted and decaying, and Noah spoke of his plans to buy and renovate the house. With her love for Noah still alive, the picture pulls at her heart. She feels she must go back, see if Noah is okay, and tell him about her marriage. But they both wonder why each other ended the relationship and Allie says that she was never ready for the relationship to be over, and asks why Noah never wrote to her. Noah tells Allie that he wrote 365 letters but she apparently had never received them. Allie is then faced with the decision of picking between her fiance Lon, and her true love Noah.