After holding out for a flat screen for the last several years we just finally caved and bought a Panasonic 42" 1080p Plasma. So we also decided to go for satelite television as well.

Now with x-box and blue ray and some downloaded videos (which is how we've been watching tv for the last few years) the picture quality is fantastic.

However with the satelite TV, even with many of the HD channels the images seem to be often pixelated and grainy. The provider is Shaw Direct (Star Choice). Some channels are better or worse depending on the program as well.

The signal strength is 90% which I understand is awesome. We've adjusted the aspect ratio and it doesnt change quality. It''s hooked up HDMI to HDMI.

I've called Shaw several times and done a lot of reading on the net and it seems that this is just what television looks like now a days when you stream a non HD or less than HD signal over a HD television. Has this also been other peoples expierence. Of course being new to HDTV we were expecting to be wowed and that has been the opposite for us.

Just wondering what others experiences have been so I can decide if fighting the company to send this satellite dish and receiver back is worth it.

Thanks