Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Movie older generation from the 70's. Wont guess this one. worth 10 points?

All I remember of this movie is.. it was the cleopatra era movie. A bunch of the men,women went to a group of young approx 10 year old girls who were wearing the white gowns gold belt look danced, they picked 1 girl who thought she was going to be the special one. The last thing I remember was this girl was the sacrifice. all the villagers laid her upon a rock, and stabbed a knife thru her. This movie I watched in early 70's as a child and always wondered what was that movie? anyone know.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It sounds rather like this film:
    The Story of Ruth (1960)
    IMDb review:
    "The Story of Ruth" was a modest production of a biblical story in the days when most tales from the Bible were large scale epics. The screenplay does expand the early portion of Ruth's story. Ruth (Elana Eden in her film debut) is a priestess in the temple of the religious idol worshipped in her native country of Moab. She meets the Hebrew Mahlon (Tom Tryon), whose invisible diety she cannot understand. Mahlon marries Ruth as he dies, and she follows her mother-in-law, Naomi (Peggy Wood), back to her native land of Judah. Here the relationship between Ruth and Naomi is beautifully developed as the two women try to eke out a meager existence. All the while, they have to deal with the strict rules of the Hebrews and particularly the council of elders who find out about Ruth's former belief in the pagan religion. It is Ruth's new faith in the one God of Naomi that finally brings her love and hope for a future in her adopted homeland. Stuart Whitman portrays her new romantic interest, Boaz. Tob (Jeff Morrow) is his rival for Ruth's hand and adds a welcome bit of humor to the proceedings. Viveca Lindfors portrays the High Priestess back in Moab in her inimitable style. The second half of the film adheres fairly closely to the biblical text, and its pastoral scenes and quiet drama contrast to the more action-oriented first half. // Also in the cast are Thayer David, Les Tremayne, Ziva Rodann and John Banner (best-known as Sgt. Schultz in "Hogan's Heroes"!).

Wow! YouTube has the movie! Here's Part 1:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uELeRVoaT24&feature=related
    Here's the scene about the selection though there's one earlier at 5:10 on Part 1. This is at about 6:30:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy9eyC66K-s&feature=related

They have been airing this film again, and I find it enjoyable and pleasant to watch. I saw this in the theater when I was about 10 and had the comic book for many years. I recall having a crush on Thomas (Tom) Tryon (later a best-selling author) and thinking that Elana Eden looked a bit like my older cousin.