...world.? From what I remember, the film takes place in Spain or some spanish area of that region. A man arrives at his brother's farm to care for his nephews and nieces. There is a nuclear Apocalypse or end of the world stuff going on. A suspicious man shows up to the farm, is suspected of being the serial killer that has terrorized the region, but is told to leave. I remember the Serial killer knocking on the door of the farmhouse at night to ask for some soap, and he is told to leave the farm.
The next day, the uncle locks the oldest niece and oldest nephew in the barn, and takes the younger ones to town, where everyone is dead. He drops off the kids at an arcade while he walks around town looking for survivors. He runs into a woman he seems to know. He ends up back at the barn only to find that the serial killer has gotten to his nephew and niece. He drives around in his van with his nephew and niece and find his abducted niece tied up and bound in a chair on a set of train tracks. The serial killer jumps him from behind, beats him and reminds him that he was the one who hung him(the uncle) from outside his room when he was a kid.
The serial killer then takes his shotgun away and shoots the niece. The serial killer takes off in the van with the two kids. THe niece who was shot survives because the shotgun was loaded with salt.

Uncle ends up finding the serial killer at the cement factory, finds his niece hung. Saves his nephews after fighting with the serial killer and impaling him on a hook, and a nuclear blast throw him off the second or third floor of the cement factory. The movie ends with the uncle showing up at the farm, and the woman he met in town shows up. They hug, and three is a final nuclear blast( or asteroid hit). Any help would be greatly appreciated. I saw this movie late one night on either the Sundance channel or the IFC channel