I've been looking for the name of this movie for years. I saw it on TCM many moons ago.

It was about a cross-country train trip. The railroad had to complete this trip, or they would lose their national contract. The hitch was that there was a 20 mile (or something) stretch that wasn't completed, so the passengers, etc., had to dismantle the train, carry it over a mountain, reassemble it and continue on their trip.

Full of hijinks, fights against Native Americans, etc., it ended up being a love story in the end, where the main character, who was some sort of train robber (because he loves the outdoors, or something silly like that), decided to live life on the straight and narrow and work on the train.

This was before the era of Dish Network, or Direct TV where you coul push a button and know what you were watching.

If anyone happens to know this movie -- it was set in the 1800s, obviously, was filmed in Technicolor, and had the feel of movies made in the late 1940s and early 1950s -- you would be my hero.

Thanks!