To be more specific my modem works fine I know this because im typing right now while it is connected to my Assus Rt n66u router. However I no longer want to use this router because whoever set up the original network placed a bunch of custom firmware limiting certain ports and other such things. So I figured to get full access to the internet back I would just unplug the old router and plug in my apple airport router. The router came online and made a successful connection to my modem, however no connection to the internet??? So I figured I would see if maybe my router had problems so I connected my laptop straight to the ethernet port on the modem restarted everything and it connected fine also. Again however no internet access, so im confused is there a chance I have to do something with the modem to make it work? maybe he found some way to make sure the modem only works with one router?
I am getting my internet from Shaw hamilton and I need help with this, it is my landlords account so I would prefer not to have to call Shaw for information as they might not oblige me.
But if I must I will
PLEASE HELP ME I NEED TO CHANGE THE ROUTER SO I CAN GETS MY GAME OF THRONES TO STREEM FAST!!!

Also when I connect straight to it I get A dns settings error from chrome so I think Im connecting fine just not making it onto the internet