Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Traffic ticket - hire a lawyer right away or try to plea bargain without one?

I got a speeding ticket in Wisconsin.

In the past, whenever I got a ticket or one of my family members or friends got a ticket we would just hire a lawyer.

What always happened is we would still get charged the same fee (or possibly more), but the ticket would either be changed to an expensive parking ticket or we would just get "deferred adjudication" (this is where you pay the fee and as long as you don't get another ticket for the next 6 months or so the ticket stays off your record).

Anyway, this time around I'm wondering whether I should hire my lawyer or not - because if the prosecution offers me the same deal as they would my lawyer, why help my lawyer get rich?

What do you all think? Does the prosecution usually offer the same type of deal for people willing to plea bargain or does it take a lawyer to get those special deals usually?

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are many courts that if you have been there before, you don't get the same benefit of trying to work without an attorney. Basically, the premise is that you were given a chance before and now you need to go through a lawyer. I think you should get a lawyer.