Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    War Beagle

They're going to outlaw the sale of firearms!?

Relax. Just time for some fun hypothetical situation games.

Let's say that with the next election, Barack Obama declares that all firearm sales in the US are to be suspended in the next two months, although ownership remains legal (but cannot be transferred) but ammunition sales will then be restricted to the calibers of the guns you have registered, and with limits to quantity per month (imagine something well-meaning yet restrictive). Reloading will be reclassified as a criminal act of manufacturing lethal devices.

Aside from outrage and trying to pursue legal recourse, how would you react to this news? And rather than say "id go buy all the guns and ammo i could and hide em!" maybe it'd be more fun to answer more truthful, like how you'd actually react. I know that i claim i'd do way more than i would ever really dare to do, so with that in mind, maybe enjoy answering this as truthful as possible, an exercise in introspection you could say?

You guys give such great answers!

lincolntrue
    well I really would buy a gun because if criminals begin to think that no one is protected crime will skyrocket.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's like saying "we're going to reduce the speed limit from 270 to 269 miles per hour".

V2K1

GGG
    Obama wont outlaw all firearms ----- How the gun grabbers do it is slowly --- they will ban semiautomatics, then ban guns under a certain length, then ban a certain kind of ammo, then ban shotguns that hold more than 3 shells, then ban bolt action rifles etc, etc,..... Its all about the coming police state -- Obama and Clinton are just pawns to push this - not sure by who....

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's like saying "we're going to reduce the speed limit from 270 to 269 miles per hour".

V2K1

Downloads
    Uploads

V2K1

Whata ya know
    I don't think I would have to do anything... Obama Bin Laden would be assassinated before the 2 months was up and the law would probably be reversed...

Just for the record... I would not be doing the assassinating...

W W D
    The local sherriff would be out that day telling everybody not to worry about it, and there are at least a couple of cops who'd probably ask me if I could handload pistol cartridges for them. The law would be generally ignored, unenforceable, and soon enough overturned in court.

super682003
    Let him try it. The minute the govt. tries to take guns, there will be another civil war. Same thing the minute they start the draft for the war in Iraq.