Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why does my cat bite his tail to the point of him screaming and his tail bleeding?

My cat for no apparent reason starts playing with his tail and suddenly he starts biting it and starts screaming out loud and there's times when he bites it so hard that it starts bleeding.

Can someone please help me on solving this problem cause i don't want to have to put my cat down.

Thanks, Aerick Culverson

Downloads
    Uploads
    he either has an allergy..or he has a hot spot which is caused from a bug bite or a scratch or something and he keeps irritating it, take him to the vet they will fix him right up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    He is seriously sick. Take him to the vet quick!!! My cat did that when he was in pain. Your cat is in severe pain!!!! Please take your cat to a animal hospital or vet!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Might be an alergy
    fleas
    or other thing that causes it irritation

take some camomile tea and brew it strong then dip a cotton pad in the cooled tea and wipe the area.

TAKE TO THE VET to find out what is causing the problem!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely one for the vet. It could be fleas or mange or something else that's making him bite.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It could be a couple of things. One thing, I'm sure you've already considered, is fleas. A lot of times they will scratch and bite areas until they get sores, and if the cat scratches or bites an area already sore, then it would cause pain. If you've ruled this out, or if you've treated your cat for fleas, then you may have a cat with anxiety issues. A lot of cats have emotional/anxiety problems, and this problem could be a side effect of that. Before you consider putting him down, ask your vet. I have a very close friend that is a vet, I will ask him myself. His name is Dr. Clarence Dunning. He works for Banfield Pet Hospital in Hickory, NC. If you have a vet that you like, call them up and ask them what they think. If it is indeed an anxiety problem, there are ways to treat it. There are even things you can buy at pet stores that have calming effects on animals. Some are pheremone-based hormones. You could consider trying that. Visit your local pet store and ask someone in the sales staff for assistance. Your vet may also consider putting a plastic cone around your cats neck to prevent him from reaching his tail. This way he can't continue to harm himself and set himself up for a possible infection from continuing to bite and scratch the same areas. Best of luck. Please exhaust all options before putting him down.

Downloads
    Uploads
    take him to a China King restaurant, and order the special

Downloads
    Uploads
    take him to a China King restaurant, and order the special