Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Regarding Vehicle sales (NV)?

My fiance and I recently bought a used car from a dealership in Reno, Nevada. When we went in early in November, we informed our sales people of the following:

1) we would be moving to Colorado after Thanksgiving
    2) My fiance does not receive check stubs from his work, they just direct deposit is checks. All we could provide were copies of the bank statements that clearly showed dates, amounts, and source of the payroll deposits.

We traded in our Saturn, they approved us for our Liberty and we walked out the door.

Then they hounded us for 2 weeks about the check stubs for my fiance, which we repeatedly told them a) that we do not have, and b) they need to contact his work directly if the bank needs them.

Two days ago we were contacted by somebody in the financial department who informed us that due to an unacceptable delay in filing with the bank, Wells Fargo had to deny our loan, and the car would be repossessed. We said "fine, bring us our Saturn back."

The car was repossessed today from here in Colorado, but no sign of the Saturn. I called one of our original salesmen and asked him when they plan on delivering my car. He subsequently tried to blame US for the ordeal because we "failed to provide check stubs."

I told him "No, you let us walk out the door with full knowledge that we were going to be in Colorado, and that he has no check stubs. I want to know when my car is going to be delivered to us in Colorado. That or a check for the trade-in value, I don't care which."

I do not believe they will concede to ship my car to me in Colorado. Is there any leverage from a legal standpoint that I might be able to use?
    I should mention that my fiance did contact his employer (Westwood College Online) and authorized them to provide Wells Fargo Auto Finance with any information they needed regarding his payroll. Due to the move and the holiday, it was unlikely that anything would reach him by mail in time for us to take to the dealership.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like your fiance should have contacted his employer and requested a pay stub. I have been on direct deposit for most of my adult life and have always received either electronically or physically some sort of pay stub detailing the break down of my pay and deductions. You told them you would be in CO. They told you they need check stubs several times.

You signed over title to the Saturn when you purchased the new car. They may have sold the car.

If the trade in value of your Saturn was for more than the repossession costs, they would be required to pay you the difference. If the trade in value was less, they could sue you for the difference.