Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Nikki C

NPower door to door sales people, annoying or what ?

Just bathed my baby, wife was feeding him then there was a knock at the door, 8:15pm last night, I was face to face with a girl trying to tell me that I was paying too much for my gas and electricity, how the hell does she know what I am paying when she could not even tell me who supplies my gas and electricity ?!!??!
    She said she could guarentee me savings, all I had to do was give her my name and phone number and she would set the ball in motion, of course I said not a chance, I would look on Uswitch and if I wanted to change I would do it myself, she kept going on and on until I said I had to go feed my baby, she then said "oh I can come back later", LATER, it was already 8:25pm by now, I said don't bother and prompty shut the door.
    You can say "she is only doing her job", but coming round so late at night and no should mean no, I can imagine it been hard on old people living on their own and not knowing all the facts and figures.

Anyway I thought there was a law against this now

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just say "I don't buy anything from door to door salesmen/ woman, and if you don't shift your foot, I'm calling the police."That works every time. We also have a sticker on the door saying this and point it out. "Can't you read". And just shut the door.

oldpepy
    We get a few of them calling every couple of weeks, they are a damn nuisance & I am considering putting up a 'No Callers Without An Appointment' sign!
    I have seen official roadside signs in some roads saying 'No Cold Calling In This Area', so I assume it's only illegal in those areas!
    Why they aren't everywhere I don't know, they should be?