Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    chris

Is Matt Stairs the biggest bargain in baseball or what? This guy makes like

1.5 million a year, and always? hits like 20 dingers and is good for 70 plus RBI's at part-time duty. This guy looks like a machinist at an auto plant. With his beer gut, mullet and goat-tee, I mean, this guy is awesome I bet he's super cool with younger players and he has everyone's back. He seems like he would make a great Manager someday, and his career stats are not that bad. In 16 major league seasons, the 39 year old Stairs, from St. John, New Brunswick - Canada, has played for 7 teams, has 1,212 hits, 269 Doubles, 238 HR's, 803 RBI's, and a .268 BA. This year for the Toronto Blue Jays, Stairs is batting .312, in 104 Games and only 279 At Bats, and has 18 HR's and 52 RBI's. His career On base % is .360 and Slugging % of .491. He has had 10 or more HR's in the past 12 seasons. I think this guy is under-rated and doesn't get enough ink. He is only 5 ' 9" and listed at 175#, even though he looks more like 220#. If their was a Hall of Fame Beer League, he would make it, along with John Kruk. Who else
    likes this guy?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/s/stairma01.shtml

fahd_dogg
    LoL, toronto loves him and he was like 5-5 or 6-6 yesterday night against boston.

mperry1408
    David Wells, Bob Wickman, Kevin Mitchell... those three stick out as Beer League Hall of Famers.

britay1960
    Matt gets his props all the time on ESPN they refer to him as the professional hitter all bat no glove thats why he's a part timer.