Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Gman

Is a jewellry insurance valuation higher than a sale valuation?

I have diamond rings that I wish to sell. They have insurance valuation documents dated within the last 12 months. How do I price them accurately? Some are 25 years old!!

sunflora
    The insurance valuation is based on what it would cost to actually replace the jewellery... It cannot take into account the age of the jewellery...

Lolly
    I think the insurance value is usually based on the ..replacement value (how much would it cost today?)...jewellery is a bit difficult to guess though..it depends on the gold price, popularity of the type of article (is it a collectible..watch or ?)..is it regarded as antique...and basically....the jeweller you see!!

I would suggest speaking to a few jewellers in different towns..(someone may be looking for exactly what you have to sell)..to get a good idea.

Knownow't
    Yes it is...because it costs more to buy something than sell it...(because of the profit margin) Best bet is to take them to various reputable jewellery shops and see what they will give you