Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I hope the NBA corrects the player buyout problem during the next Collective

Bargaining session? I'm tired of reading crap like Sam Cassell looking for a buyout from his Clippers contract so that he can play for a contender. That's so stupid to me.

I think that players who are bought out of their contracts shouldn't be allowed to play for the remainder of that season, with the possible exception of those players bought out because their team was over the roster limit for whatever reason. Those players should be allowed to sign with a team until March 1st.

Also, I don't like the situation that's going on with Brent Barry in which he was traded by the Spurs, released and now can possibly resign with the Spurs (Yes, he would have to sit out 30 days if he resigns with the Spurs but that's not a big deal since he's injured anyway). I don't think that a player that's traded and then released should be able to sign with the team that traded him

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with you. The Barry situation. The Stackhouse situation. And yep, a person traded by his team shouldn't be able to sign with that same time if he got released by the team they traded him to. It's just unfair. Who knows what is happening under the table right?

They would definitely do change that. It is a loop hole in the current system. That's why the Stackhouse trade didn't push through because of that.