Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

i accidently sold someone a phone on craigslist that had a bad esn. hes...

...saying hes calling the police? i bought the phone from someone for really cheap. i should have known. he is saying he will call the police. he has my phone number. i would give him his money back but its already spent and im 17 with no job. can i get in trouble with the law or are all craigslist adds "as is". thanks

what will po po do if i decide not to pay him

Downloads
    Uploads
    Police only address criminal offenses. Selling someone a faulty phone you believed to be in working order is not a criminal offense. The most the person can do is sue you in civil court.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where did you get that phone to sell? Was it yours to begin with? If it was and somehow it was flagged on the cell phone providers system as a BAD ESN then you need to call them can get it taken care of. But if you yourself bought the phone used then you should provide the name of that person you bought it from.

When you get time go check out my website.... www.nolongerneedit.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yup yup, this is a domestic dispute and would have to be handled in small claims court, however if the phone is stolen and it can be traced back to you then it wont matter if you bought it or not you will be charged with possession of stolen property.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well he is responsible for receiving stolen property. So it would be dumb for him to call the Police. Most likely nothing will happen, but it is always possible you could be charged. If that happens start practicing butt clenches because you may be headed to the "Steel Cage Man Prom."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well the phone has obviously been stolen, by you or the person who "sold it to you". But that's really none of my business. If he calls the police, I doubt they would even give it a thought. If he really wants to escalate the matter, he could take you to small claims court and sue you for the money he paid. Again, i doubt he will take it this far, the phone couldn't be worth the trouble of filing the lawsuit. And the worst case scenario, if he does sue you, is you get a judgement against you to pay him for the phone. You have a certain time period in which the money must be paid to him, save up and pay the guy. The person is bluffing, if you want to do what is right, pay him back and get it over with. If you want to screw the guy, just ignore his calls.

Downloads
    Uploads
    loet the man go to the police
    the most they can do is make you pay the money back
    you are still a minor~ so paybacks is edcuational
    next time think twice?

Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to pay him the money back so find a way of getting it and the police will not be interested at all.