Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How does iTunes pick which movies will go on sale?

Do they just pick random ones or do they pick specific ones? Because, I was kind of waiting for the American Pie films to go on sale. Please help me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They really don't have all movies, they usually add movies that were really popular.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It depends on which movies they can secure the rights to. In order to be able to sell the movies the studios have to agree to let them, just as artists have to with their music. Some studios and rights holders, don't want to share the wealth, so they are not on iTunes, but new deals are struck every day.

MovieTipster
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskie#9 View Post
    Do they just pick random ones or do they pick specific ones? Because, I was kind of waiting for the American Pie films to go on sale. Please help me.
    You can check out this service KinoHunt that allows you to track movies you want to watch and informs you when they go on sale.

They also have an iOS app here making it convenient to stay on top of movie deals: http://bit.ly/1tmSctF