Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

HOA Fee question. HOA not keeping up their end of the bargain.?

My HOA is supposed to cover weekly lawn mowing, twice yearly pressure washing of exterior, termite service, yearly replenishing of pine straw, and upcare of the common areas. The association has been going through a lot of changes and they only just recently started mowing the grass again and they have the termite people come out once a year. This costs me .50 a month, which is outrageous in my opinion for a very small yard. My rental property has the smallest yard imaginable and the fee is the same. What can be done? I haven't paid in a few months, and more than 50% of the homeowners do not pay either. I see that once the new HOA takes over that nobody will have to pay the overdue fees and everyone will just start at zero. Please let me know what you would do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    $60 a month is about 1/4 of what is common for townhouses and condos where I lived .

If homeowners do not pay the dues , then there are no funds to pay the contractors and work can't be scheduled .

If your HOA has a negative history , it will be the same as some person with a low FICO trying to do business .

I have not heard of anything so cheap ( $60 / month ) in at least 10 to 15 years .

If owners are withholding that and still expecting termite services , power washing and upkeep , they are living in a fools mind set .

Go to the HOA meetings and get the grown-up pricing for contractor's services .
    Sounds like everyone there needs basic finance ed .

>