Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help I rented a house in AZ and my lease ended 3/31/08 .Got notice of

trustee sale 8/20/ .Where do I stand? I signed a lease 3/31/07 and I never signed another one but I always pd my rent on time and home is like new,I received a notice in the mail of an Trustee Sale 8/20 ,I got in touch with mangement co. They said an invester was purchasing , they wanted to keep me on as a tenent , I could sign a new one with them That was 6/1 and on 6/30 the manegment co. calls &ask me if I would mind if they take pics to show investor ,also if they an give my cell to investor to come by and see the home , the owner would be willing to take a 25% discount on my July rent for my inconvince ,so I agreed (this is verbly on phone) Well the day after pics taken I get about a dozen calls from differint realtors ,they put it on the MLS , they want info on home & the have people in and out /I called the mang co,& said that this wouldnt work as I have 2 teens, a dog , what about investor, Can I move out without giving written notice?What about my deposit? and refferances for a new home ? any help please?

Downloads
    Uploads
    You never said where in AZ you live. If its Maricopa county its beyond easy. 1st get you lease out and see if it reverts to a month to month after your initial lease expires. ( it probably does). To answer your question yes you can move out if you chose or stay till your contacted by the new owners after the sale. The owners voided your lease by not owning the property until the end of the month (August). Personally I wouldn't pay for August rent, but put the money in a separate account. (write your self a check and put it in your savings account, show some kind of proof). Once the property is sold the new owner( probably the bank) will have to evict you. See if you can work with them while they try to sell the property. Don't get stressed out about it but but have a backup plan in place. Spend some time on line looking up renters rights and real estate laws. Don't let the owners charge you late fees or whatever, once again they voided your lease by not providing the property to you for the entire month. Don't get into (I'm a victim) spend some time and educate yourself about your rights and use it to your advantage.

Good luck to you.

Contact me directly if you wish