Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

help with a bad sale on craigslist..please? legal action?

ok, my mom posted an item for sale on craigslist.. sold as is. she spoke with the woman who wanted to buy it over the phone and through email and the woman agreed that she would come and buy it. last minute the woman that is coming to buy the coat for $60, sends her friend to pick up the coat. so her friend comes to pick up the coat, and asks, if it doesnt fit can she return it? and my mom tells him no, as per our agreement through email and on the phone, the coat is sold as is, no refunds, no returns, and cash only. so he says ok ill buy the coat as previously agreed to. my mom asks him 2x, are u sure u still want to now? i will not refund this coat if it doesnt fit her, i told her the size and everything, i am not a department store, i wont do refunds. and he says yes and buys the coat and matching headband. the next day, the lady emails my mom saying it doesnt fit and wants her money back, and that there was no matching headband. and is harrasing my mom now 23 calls,
    10 emails, ect.

she wont stop harrasing her. she is threatening to take her to court, she says she called the police. and all this stuff. claiming her friend is a lawyer and she can take her to court over this. claiming there was no headband with the coat, when there was. all kinds of stuff.

what can we do? what can i say to this woman to make her stop? what should we do??

we told them it was an as is sale, no returns or refunds. cash only. and they agreed, and we have proof of that. what now????

should we file a restraining order or what?

farien3
    The woman is bluffing. There is no law suit here. CONCEIVABLY if she's truly psycho she could take you to small claims court, but she has no case and you would win. The next time she calls, tell her that you too have a friend, that your friend is on the police force, and that if she continues to call you will file a harassment complaint against her. Also, inform her that you have a WITNESS that the headband was included, and that if she didn't get it, it was her friend's fault.
    If she continues to call after that, either file a complaint or change your phone number and email address.

Junior Member ObamaforPresidentt's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have your mom print up all the e-mails. The one's from the beginning of the sale and the harrassing ones. If she told her in the e-mails no refunds, then this lady can't do anything. I don't think she could even if your mom didn't say no refunds since it is basically like a garage sale, it is a private as is sale.

Have her document all the days and times this woman has called and have her go and file a complaint at the police station.

She might have to get a restraining order.