My family is planning buy our first car in April this year. Our budget is stretched to a maximum of Rs. 6 lakhs. Now which car to buy? My dad's first priority is mileage. Mine(his son) being looks, mileage and performance. I want him to purchase a Chevrolet Beat- the most awesome car i like. With killer looks and great mileage and performance(as per my little research). But my dad is keen on buying a Tata Indica Vista(Diesel). Diesel- this is the only reason why he is sticking to his choice. Diesel costing around Rs. 35/litre and petrol Rs 61/litre in our city- Varanasi. The is not bad, but when it comes to looks, it seems a box, the only thing that looks good are the headlights. That to no match to the Chevy Beat. Now what to do? Beat has got more mileage than the vista but, its the diesel thing that is mattering. Had Beat have had a Diesel variant, there had been no need to look for anything else. Now what to do??? This being our first car and the only one in near future, i want a car that makes us feel good to look, enjoy and even don't loosen our pocket. Please advice, which is best- beat or vista? How to convince dad for beat? Need advice from owners and experts. HELP!!!