I was in my probationary period at work until last Friday. I took off Monday for my best friend's funeral, and told them it was my step-sister. When I was in high school my family threw me out and her family took me in, so it was a little white lie. They asked for the funeral prayer card or something similiar, so I gave them the prayer card and the funeral card, and now they want more documentation stating that she was my sister! Obviously she was not! Our bargaining contract for work says probationary employees can take off work for family, including step sisters, without being penalized. They will fire you if you miss in your first ninety day period, which I did not, until four days before the end of the period! Anyway, they looked up her obituary and saw I was not on it, and want proof! According, again, to the bargaining employee contract, I am not obligated to show them. I am speaking to the union president tomorrow at some point about the issue. Do you think I still have a job? They had me work my regular shift, and didn't say come back when you have the documentation, and after talking to some co-workers, it seems promising, but what do un-biased minds think? Get me on messenger! razzlerandy1984