Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

For all of us who do telephone sales for charities.?

Yes I know we are calling you at home. Yes I understand that some folks call it an invasion of priviacy. Yes I know your on the door not call list but charities as well as political campagins are exempt from the do not call list. We understand that times are tough. We ourselves are living it just as you are too. There is no need to be rude about it. And why the heck wouldn't you want to help someone less forturnite than yourself? What if it was your child, your vetren, or something onlong those lines. Would you want us fighting for your child just as hard, and would you turn your back on them as you do on the rest of the world that needs you. There are a lot of times where i wanna reach through my phone and smack some of you because you don't listen to what we are telling you. You may hear it but you don't listen.

Our office is the telephone. And yall sit there and yell and scream at us. Would you like it if we came into your office and yelled and screamed at you?

undir
    First of all, I'm not rude to people who call me, like telemarketers or charities, as long as they're not being rude/pushy themselves.

Secondly, I do support charities, so even if I wish not to support the one that you are calling for, it doesn't mean I don't care or that I'm not helping anyone. There is simply a limit to how much I can do at once.

I would prefer to get a letter from a charity rather than a phone call. That way I can take time to read it when I have time, give it some thought and contact the charity if I want to help, rather than be stuck with someone on the phone while busy with something else and catch only half of what they say.

You can't expect people to listen if you are not listening to them either. If the person is busy, not interested or can't afford to support more charities, you need to let it go and leave them alone. You have no idea how bad the timing of your call is for the other person, so don't judge, don't be too pushy and by all means, don't call with the same attitude as you showed in your question here.

Good luck with your charity!

elsobbeauty
    Sorry toots, but I pay my phone bill, with my money, give my number to people with whom I wish to speak. Telemarketing (not you, it is a job, but the whole concept) is extremely obnoxious and rude. It is akin to a stranger just opening your door and walking in.

But, since you are in that industry, try to toughen up your skin, do not try to play a guilt trip on the person; you have no way of knowing their personal situation.

I was on the phone with 911 trying to resuscitate someone and we got disconnected. The phone rang and I thought it would be the 911 operator --- instead a telemarketer. Thank god, the man survived, but his life could have been in peril if I listened to that silly sales pitch.

Topher
    Shut Up!!!! People Don't Like It When Strangers Call Their House, Especially Asking For Money That Will Not Benefit Them In Any Way By Giving It To You! Some Sick Kid Somewhere Is None Of Our Business And They Don't Deserve Our Money, They Deserve Their Parents' Money, And The Veterans, They Chose To Join The Military And Get Their Leg Shot Off Or Their Arm Shot Off Or Whatever, It Was Their Choice So They Can Deal With It. Plus You Loser Who Can't Even Spell The Word "do" Right... You Just Lost The Right To Ask Me Any More Questions...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry you don't like your job, but I don't like it either. I don't scream or yell at telemarketers (and you ARE a telemarketer), I just hang up. If that seems rude to you, I'm sorry, but you have interrupted meals, my quiet time, my parties, and numerous other things that ARE IMPORTANT to me and my family. If you can't handle rejection I would suggest you find another line of work and I will contribute to the charities of my choice in my own way, but not through a telemarketing firm.

kiwi
    Alright, I will try not to yell at you. But, if you call me when it's time for dinner, or when I'm busy cooking dinner, I am gonna hang up on you. It's RUDE to call when you know folks are busy.

And when I tell you no (which I WILL), accept that answer. I have charities that I donate to. Good charities that I know are legitimate. I'll give my money to them, rather than to some outfit that I haven't checked out. There are many so-called charities that put like 90% into their own admin fees and 10% into the actual charity.

I am retired, and my money is limited. So I do not appreciate it when people call me, and insist that I donate. Act like I am a miser if I say no. My charity money goes to places that I choose. I have what I have, I give what I can. I haven't got any more than that!

You say I don't listen? When I say no to you, and you go on and on, YOU aren't listening!

Dig It
    Telemarketing to me is not a respected profession. It's not a real job. It's being a professional nuisance. When I am at home and the phone rings, it better be someone I know with something good to say. I dont want to give money to your charity. If I want to give money, I will seek out the recipients on my own. If I wanted to know about a candidate, I will again, seek out information on my own. I do not appreciate you calling me to tell me what I should be doing. I dont yell, I just hang up. If that makes you feel angry, get a new job because your feelings are none of my concern. Sorry, but no, I wouldn't want people calling random strangers if it was my charity- I would find other ways to get the word out. You are right- I dont want to listen to what you are telling me, and with good reason- I dont care what you have to say. My home is my sanctuary and unless I invite you into it, stay out.