I have just got an LG BD350 blu Ray player, and while happy with it it has the very annoying thing of switching on the DVD player, an LG DRT389H. Yes, the remotes are the same, save for different colour buttons, and I know the LG uses the Simplink function so you can control some features from one remote.
I have turned off Simplink on the TV (also LG), but no effect. While either remote for DVD or BluRay will switch on both machines, and open/close disc tray at the same time, or menu will switch on both disc menus, other functions are OK - eg if I press setup menu on one, the other isn't affected. Or play only plays one.
While it won't be a major problem (I wouldn't expect) since I can always just unplug blu ray when not in use, it could be a bit of a hassle - for instance today I plan on watching a BluRay film, but at the same time I need to record a film for hubby. I was planning to do both at same time, but I don't know if I could.

Is there a way to turn off the Simplink function on the DVD/Blu Ray? I have looked in the menu, but can't find anything. The manuals aren't that great either, just says about Simplink connection between unit and TV, not other players.