Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Brand New Television --- LG 32LM669T --- PROBLEM?

Hello,

So, today I bought a new television it cost me around 700€ (910$) and the normal price was around 1000€ (1300$), so it's a lot.

The model is LG 32LM669T-LED-tv 32" with 400 Motion Clarity Index + 100Hz TruMotion. As I like gaming on PS3, I thought this television is good at gaming however when I open HDMI source it says that 1080p 60Hz, so is that television 60Hz? I didn't bother until I started playing Grand Theft Auto 4 but the screen was lagging more than on my computer What's this? Can you check the television information, is that a crap television or what?

Thanks,
    Ben

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lg is crap. Their marketing approach is suspect. Not verifiable. 400hz motion clarity will not be the actual refresh rate of the display. Your real problem here is that lg has notoriously slow response times. This is why gamers shy away from this brand. This brand has a weak performance for gaming. It incurs lag, blur and ghosting and graphics are only ok. The price for this display seems high. For that price you can go to a plasma display at 42" or 50" which will virtually solve all the above issues and more. (I just checked this for you). My advice here is to return the tv. Think, Panasonic equals plasma and Samsung equals led. Better value,better performance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Return the tv to the retail store. That tv has a slow response time which creates the lag between video and audio. Panasonic and Samsung are the best tv in market today. You are not going to see any LG tv being recommended by Home Theater Magazine. Don't confuse the ratings of 1080P with refresh rate of (UK 50, 100 HZ & higher) (US 60 and 120 HZ & higher), response time are rated in ms. Keep in mind that you can not see the difference between 720P and 1080P in screen smaller than a 46". A 32" tv in the US is around the price of $300. Hope this will help you out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    lol get it fixed

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, there is nothing wrong with your TV. ALL tvs accept a 50hz (pal) or 60hz (NTSC) signal.

Some tvs have 100hz or extra processing in which it essentially results in a smoother looking picture. This is fine for watching normal tv and sport but fails when gaming. Basically any game that is supposed to run at 60 or 30 fps, do not run at that constantly, frame rate drops and when you have a tv which multiplies frames, this adds more delay and lag.

Luckily lg tvs come with a game mode which switches all post processing off so you can play games without suffering from input lag.

The tv is fine for gaming, I have a 42le5900 and its great for gaming.