Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bubblenumber

How to i start the Tub Clean cycle in my LG washer?

I just bought a LG WM2466 and not sure how to start the Tub Clean cycle. I follow the instruction in the booklet but the light on the TUB CLEAN doesn't light up when i press it down for 3 sec. Please let me know if i did this right, or the right way of doing it.

1. start the washer
    2. add bleach
    3. press the tub clean button for 3 sec.

but instead of the tub clean button light up, it's the pre-wash/child lock button that was lighting up.

Thanks.

skildea

Did you ever get an answer?

I'm having the same problem:

I just bought a LG WM2466 and not sure how to start the Tub Clean cycle. I follow the instruction in the booklet but the light on the TUB CLEAN doesn't light up when i press it down for 3 sec. Please let me know if i did this right, or the right way of doing it.

1. start the washer
    2. add bleach
    3. press the tub clean button for 3 sec.

but instead of the tub clean button light up, it's the pre-wash/child lock button that was lighting up.

Thanks.

Unregistered
    funny, I am having the same problem, and LG seems to know nothing about the problem. Three of us, probably more, and Lg knows nothing a bout it?

Unregistered

LG Washer Tub Clean

5/09 Me too...Repair possibly coming tomorrow..keep ya posted

Unregistered

Same Problem...

I have the same problem. Just got off the phone with LG and they scheduled someone to come out and fix it.

Unregistered

Flash

Hey everyone,

I had the same issue with my washer. Do not worry, the child lock light is supposed to come on. The display should also say 'TCL', which means Tub Clean. Just push the start button (after you've put bleach in the dispenser) and let the cycle run without anything in the tub.

I hope this helps someone out there! I know the manual is not very clear on this.

Unregistered

Same Problem

I have had my LG washer the past 3 years and never was able to use the Tub Clean feature. Called LG and the Customer Service guy tried helping to no avail and they seem to know the problem....Kinda funny..So i just usually go to Target and buy this Tide tub clean...Works quite well!!!

Unregistered

Got It

I was having this problem. I followed all the steps from the LG web site, but finally got it to tubclean by first setting spinsense with the door open and soap tray completely removed. I turned the machine off, back on and tried the tubclean again. It worked. Very strange and frustrating for such an expensive machine. I don't have any odor issues with the thing, I just wanted to flush it out good.

Unregistered
    Have the same problem here in CA. Bought one last year, and just found out it has this feature, but was not able to do it. Called LG and got the same response as people here. Will try the method people have posted. Hope it works, because it stinks!

Unregistered

TubClean

TubClean only works when Spinsense is turned OFF. To turn it off, first you have to start a wash cycle (without detergent or softener, like pretending to start a wash) and immediately turn off Spinsense by pressing Staincycle button for a few seconds. You should be able to turn on TubClean now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast