Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What does it mean when an iPhone is unlocked or jailbroken?

I went on ebay and almost every iPhone says that it's unlocked and/or jailbroken. Can someone explain in simple terms and tell me the if there are any key differences with an "original" iPhone?

Downloads
    Uploads
    When an iPhone is "jailbroken", it means that it can now be fully customizable. After you jailbreak it, it gets 2 apps that can download a lot of stuff for you and it is all free. just go to youtube, and search jailbroken iphone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    if you are on contract or you change your phone you cant use it but the old Iphone can be unlocked so you can use them

Downloads
    Uploads
    When an iPhone is "jailbroken", it means that it can now be fully customizable. After you jailbreak it, it gets 2 apps that can download a lot of stuff for you and it is all free. just go to youtube, and search jailbroken iphone.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefanos View Post
    I went on ebay and almost every iPhone says that it's unlocked and/or jailbroken. Can someone explain in simple terms and tell me the if there are any key differences with an "original" iPhone?

Jail breaking

Generally, Apple (iPhone) won't allow you to install third-party applications. If you jailbreak your iPhone, you can install third-party applications. This is the major advantage of jailbreaking.

Unlocking process:

The process of removing SIM lock from your phone is known as "Unlocking" ." Sim lock "indicates that the current
    Network provider restricts our phone to use with other countries. For example: Consider you have an iPhone 4 which is locked to o2 UK . Unexpectedly, you want to switch over from UK to Australia . At that situation, your phone gets locked to particular network (o2). During that time, you need to unlock it to use your iPhone with Australia or other countries. You can get unlocking service from your Network provider/use factory unlocking method/get Remote unlocking method from any of the third-party service providers like Superunlockcodes.com to unlock your iPhone 4.All the network providers lock the SIM to work with different countries .We can't use it without unlock it. This is the process of SIM lock.