Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I update my iPhone?

So I have like the first iPhone and it's my brothers old phone. I told have any service on it though but I will probably get service soon. I pretty much just want to download 2 apps; kik and text plus but when I tap install app it says update required. So how do I update it??

And another question if you can answer, my dad has a sim card that is not in use now and is there a way I can use that sim card and not have a data plan? So I can just use wifi and have no data plan?

Well I have version 4.2.1. And n I go to settings there is no software update anywhere. And I have like the first iPhone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you can use wifi to update your iphone4/5
    1) Ensure your device is connected to a power source. To avoid potential data costs connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
    2) Go to Settings > General > Software Update. iOS will automatically check for available updates. Available updates download automatically if your device is connected to Wi-Fi and a power source.
    3) If an update is available* you can tap Download to download the update.
    4) After the download has completed tap Install to update your iOS.
    5) If you leave the update to download in the background, once the download has finished you will receive a notification saying an update is available for your device. Tapping Details will take you to Settings > General > Software Update. Tap Install Now to install the iOS update. If you decide to leave the installation for later Settings will display notification badge until the update has been installed.

* Some iOS updates may not available as over-the-air updates. VPN or proxy connections may prevent your device from contacting the iOS update servers.

finally enjoyyyyyyyy with ur apps