Well, a month ago my iphone 3g took a dive to the apple logo screen. Before that happened I was studying and then recieved a text which somehow kicked me too the apple logo. Anyways, In my mind i thought I would be able to do a full restore thru itunes, I'd get to the point of where itunes is preparing iphone software for restore, then it would go to restoring iphone firmware and thats when my phone would shut off. I've tried this on 6 different computers including a mac and still the same error which is 2. I had alot of stuff on my iphone 3g 16gb and thought maybe the reason I wasn't able to restore was because the logic board itself was full of text messages and images that it didn't have enough room for a restore. To that case in-point, I would like to know if theres a way to just format the logic board and erase everything on it since there's no option in itunes to do that. I've tried DFU mode, older firmwares, taking it apart and texting the dock connector, blackra1n, any software thats out that would kick it out to no prevail. So if anyone would give me some advice besides replacing the logic board it would be much appreciated. PS. iPhone is out of warranty